The management of Medmak recognizes the importance of health and safety for all its employees and is committed to provide all necessary resources for a safe and accident free operation on construction sites.
Managers and supervisors are primarily responsible for ensuring safe and healthy working conditions. Suitable safe working systems and practices will be developed and implemented. Work activities will be carried out meeting the statutory safety requirements. The company provides technical advice on safety and health matters, as needed, to assist the managers and supervisors to discharge their duties in this regard. All the employees are required to work safely and follow the safety procedures and inform the management of safety improvement suggestions for consideration.
The management considers its workforce as its partner in implementing this safety policy. To achieve the desired goals, DP provides sufficient information and training for all its work force to enable them in fulfilling their responsibilities with regard to safety and health.
Safety Policy Specification
The management of Medmak sets a high priority for the protection of its employees in safety, health and welfare. Production is not that urgent that we cannot allocate time so as to ensure that our work is carried out in a safe and proper manner. Recognizing this and in the best interest of modern management practice we will be constantly working for:
- The application of the safety rules and regulations.
- The maintenance of safe and healthy working conditions
- Constant adherence to safe operating procedures and practices so as to ensure effective control against accidents and illness
- Providing an adequate and safe place to accommodate our personnel’s on site with sanitation, potable water and first aid facilities. Our manpower will take the lunch break within the designated air conditioned area. Cleaning will be executed immediately after eating and site cleaning will be carried out daily by disposing all the waste materials and rubbish to the dump yard.
- Documented details of orientation & training in the method of safety procedures, using personnel protective equipment and creating awareness of existing restriction on site will be maintained for both contractor’s and subcontractor’s activities
- The work can be stopped by anybody on site who noticed that the work being performed is life threatening.
- The repeated violation will be treated seriously. The violator will be warned at first instance and written notice will be issued. A penalty will be imposed on next occurrence and he will be removed from the site. This is also applicable to subcontractor personnel.